Thursday, July 15, 2004

Movie Recommendation

If it’s your “date night” and you and your significant other can’t think of something to do, I recommend you rent ‘Love Actually’. I know what you’re thinking, “Mikol. Dude, that’s a romantic-comedy. What have you turned into some kind of big girl’s blouse or something?” (the “big girl’s blouse” bit is compliments of Heather “Across-the-Pond” Murphy) Anyway… No. I have not. One of the plot lines (there are, like, 400) is the classic story of father-son bonding. Simplified – Father loses wife, son loses mother (she dies), son falls in love, father helps son through tough time, son gets girl, father gets Claudia Schiffer. I know it sounds far fetched, but they work it out. Totally believably , I might add. There are the two English guys equivalent to the English version of the “Dude, Where’s my Car?” stunt doubles. They attempt a banter that at first is funny, though predictable, then it just turns into the same tired banter with different words. So, I guess, they’re EXACTLY like “Dude, Where’s my Car?” The most important reason to get this DVD… BOOBS!!! They show a fair amount of boobage, and it’s all under the guise of “romantic-comedy”, as to not offend the ladies. BRILLIANT I SAY!!! CHEERS TO THE ENGLISH!!!! Put this movie out without the English accents and wives/girlfriends would ask, “What was up with the boobs just kind of thrown in for no reason?” Add the English accents, and VIOLA, “I love the way they used the nudity to, sort of, enhance the movie artistically.” So… Rent this movie. She’ll love it, and it’s funny enough between the nudity shots so that you won’t fall asleep. WIN-win situation I say (you both can’t have the big WIN). Cheers!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm...boobs...what the hell? Romantic-comedy!...d'oh
-Homer J. Simpson

8:31 PM  
Anonymous romantic things said...

We need some romance in our live (husband and me). I am out doing a search on romantic art. Your site caught my eye and I and want to take a quick read. You have a nice site. Keep up the great work. Well back to searching.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home