Saturday, June 19, 2004

Novels... what's so great?

My wife says it's sad that I've only read one novel in my life. It's not like I don't read anything. I read about personal finance, fitness and bodybuilding, sports (in particular: Dallas Mavericks/NBA and Miami Dolphins/NFL), business, etc... It's not like I don't have an imagination either. I've read a number of plays and screenplays. I love humor books and cookbooks. I read Mark Cuban's blog (www.blogmaverick.com) with every update. It's not like I haven't tried reading more novels, but nothing's been able to keep my interest for too long. Apparently that doesn't matter, however. I'm still "sad and weird" because I've only read one novel. To those who think reading a single novel once in a lifetime is sad, I have this to ask: How many times have you run 2 miles in under 12 minutes? None? To me that's sad and weird!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only ever ran 2 miles in under 12 minutes once: chasing a bus barefoot through Kyoto ro retrieve my hat and shades. Interestingly, when I returned - triumphant, sweating, and with severe blistering - my wife seemed to think I was sad and weird for having done so. Just goes to show you...something.
I must, however, side with the fair Jenn on the novel issue. Think of all you're missing, man: War and Peace, The Time Machine, Nymphos Without Pants (Vol II)...
Anyway - what's the point? England are out of the Euro tournament on a shite referee's decision. Might as well end it all.
Not-so-anonymous G, London.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you brutha. I am not a big fan of the reading thing. Plus, why do you need to read when you can just watch the movie?

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home